The Megger MFT1721 Multifunction Tester is suitable for maintaining and certifying single and three phase electrical installations in order to ensure compliance with Part P of the building regulations and the IET 18th edition wiring regulations (BS7671).
Capable of conducting line to line loop tests, confirming phase sequences and testing 3 phase RCDs, the Megger MFT1721 multifunction tester is ideal for certifying three phase electrical installations. Moreover, the MFT 1721 is one of a handful of installation testers capable of testing specialist type B RCDs commonly found protecting temporary generator supplies and other DC installations.
The MFT1721 can store a ‘Z-ref’ value (Ze measurement), calculating and displaying an R1+R2 reading after conducting a Zs test. Although, this feature should be reserved for confirming that a previously recorded R1+R2 continuity value is indeed correct, having energising the circuit for live testing.
Two rotary dials provide a user-friendly means of operating the instrument, with primary and secondary test settings being colour coded, reducing the chance of selecting an incorrect function or range. Test results are displayed on a large, dual format, crystal clear display that can be viewed from even the most acute of angles.
Designed for ease of use in the harshest environments, the instruments within the Megger MFT Multifunction Tester range are encased in hard-wearing rubber, improving grip and providing additional shock protection in the event of impact. All of the models in the range include a ‘test’ and ‘lock’ button on each side of the instrument for left and right-handed users alike, while also being IP54 rated providing ingress protection in poor conditions.
The Megger MFT1721 Multifunction Tester can be used to carry out the following tests:
- Continuity: 15mA test for inductive loads and a 200mA test suitable for R1+R2 and R2 testing with adjustable buzzer threshold
- Insulation resistance: 100V, 250V, 500V and 1000V tests with adjustable buzzer threshold
- Loop: 2 and 3 wire test options featuring a patented anti-trip on both 2 and 3 wire test configurations. PSCC/PFC are tandem displayed with the loop test result. Also conducts line to line tests suitable for three phase installations
- RCD: Ramp, manual (0.5x, 1x, 5x) or automatically test 10, 30, 100, 300, 500 and 1000mA AC, A, S, programmable, Type B and 3 phase RCDs
- TRMS Voltage: accurately measure supply voltage and frequency and phase rotation
Megger MFT Comparison Table
|200mA Continuity Test||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|15mA Continuity Test||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Insulation Resistance Test||250V, 500V & 1000V||100V, 250V, 500V & 1000V||100V, 250V, 500V & 1000V||100V, 250V, 500V & 1000V||100V, 250V, 500V & 1000V|
|RCD Test (AC, A & S Types)||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|RCD Test (B Type DC Current)||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Auto RCD Test||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|RCD Ramp Test||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|RCD (3 phase)||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Loop Test (2 & 3 Wire Anti-Trip)||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Loop Test Confidence Meter||✔|
|Loop Test Compensation for RCDs||✔|
|Line Test (L-L)||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Loop Test R1+R2 Calculation||✔|
|Earth Test (2 & 3 pole)||✔ (Requires accessory)||✔||✔|
|Earth Test (ART & stakeless)||✔ (Requires accessory)||✔ (Requires accessory)||✔ (Requires accessory)|
|Leakage Current||✔ (Requires accessory)||✔ (Requires accessory)||✔ (Requires accessory)||✔ (Requires accessory)|
Megger MFT1721 Multifunction Tester key features
- Suitable for single and 3-phase installation testing
- Patented 2 wire anti-trip loop test
- Tests 3 phase and Type B RCDs